Smoky Speckled Butterbeans
You'll know when this dish is ready--the pork shreds easily, and the beans are creamy on the inside.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 3 quarts water
- 1 pound smoked pork shoulder
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen speckled butterbeans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Toppings: chopped sweet onion, hot sauce or chowchow (optional)
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 3 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove pork and shred. Return to Dutch oven. Serve with rice and toppings, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes