Complex and delicious, easy to make. Couldn't follow recipe exactly, though, since I was cooking for vegans, so instead of using shrimp I added two different kinds of veg sausage, one like crumbly chorizo, the other apple sage. It does take way longer for the green beans etc to cook than indicated so plan for it. Definitely will do again, and next time will use the shrimp for a non-vegan crowd.
Smoky Spanish-Style Pan Roast
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Calcium: 127mg
- 1 pound small red new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound unpeeled large shrimp
- 1/4 pound Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup pilsner beer
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine potatoes, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large roasting pan, tossing well to coat potatoes. Arrange potatoes in a single layer, cut side down, in pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. While potatoes cook, peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Devein shrimp, if desired. Set shrimp aside.
- 4. Stir chorizo, green beans, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper into pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Add beer, paprika, and bell pepper, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Nestle shrimp into vegetable mixture. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until potatoes and green beans are tender and shrimp are done. Sprinkle with fresh parsley leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This