Smoky Sausage, Tomato and Chick-Pea Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) fresh turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- Smoky Sausage, Tomato and Chick-Pea Soup
- 1 pound fresh turkey sausage
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Jalapeno peppers, sliced thinly or chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 19 ounces can tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 19 ounces can chick-peas
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Remove casings from sausage; cut into slices or break into chunks. In large pot, heat oil over medium heat; cook sausage, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring often for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened and sausage is cooked through. Skim off any excess fat. Stir in jalapeno peppers, cumin, ground coriander, paprika, chili powder and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes (breaking up with a spoon if using whole tomatoes). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chick-peas; stir into pot along with stock and 2 Tbsp (25 ml) of the fresh coriander. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings. Per serving: about 240 cal, 15 g protein, 12 g total fat (3g sat. fat), 21 g carb, 4 g fiber, 26 mg chol., 671 mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hamaar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoky Sausage, Tomato and Chick-Pea Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews