I tweaked it a little bit. I used Cracked Pepper Smoked Salmon, reduced the (very expensive) salmon by half and didn't add salt or pepper. I also used fat free regular mozzarella cheese, but added 1/2 tsp. of liquid smoke to the soup. It was awesome!
Smoky Salmon-Clam Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery with leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup fish or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 pound hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 (3.66-ounce) cans smoked clams, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and celery, and sauté until tender. Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in clam juice, broth, and milk. Stir in potatoes and carrot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in salmon, clams, cheese, and half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in salt and pepper. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This