I agree with the other posters. Blah! Husband loved them, but he was probably starving. I just noticed that this recipe is marked as being Test Kitchen Guaranteed?? You really messed this one up, Cooking Light!
Smoky Potato Pancakes
Spinach salad with red onion and tangy vinaigrette is a lovely companion to these potato cakes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 potato patties, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1/2 bacon slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 631mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 2 center-cut hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded peeled baking potato (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon, and crumble. Add onion to drippings in pan, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add leek and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Combine onion mixture, grated potato, cheddar cheese, 3/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and 2 large eggs in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- 3. Divide the potato mixture into 8 equal portions, and shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Squeeze moisture from each patty. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side. Transfer patties to a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Top with crumbled bacon and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables