- 1 (1-pound) baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces 2% reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
How to Make It
Place potato in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Combine potato, cheeses, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl, and toss to combine (do not mash).
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add kale, onions, and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with red pepper and paprika. Add kale mixture to potato mixture, stirring to combine. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
Divide potato mixture into 8 equal portions; gently shape each portion into a 1-inch-thick patty. Return nonstick skillet to medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 patties to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining 4 patties.