These were fantastic! Even my picky "I love meat" daughter really liked them. They are easy to make, and we had ours on pumpernickel, but I bet they would also be good on a crusty Italian bread or a stiff cracker. I could not find smoked cheddar (so had to use sharp cheddar), but I used smoked Gouda and smoked paprika.
Smoky "Pimiento" Cheese Sandwiches
These pimiento cheese sandwiches make a quick and easy appetizer that's appealing for any shower or party.
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 (8.5-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 14 bread slices (sourdough and dark wheat)
- 1. Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Stir in shredded cheeses and sun-dried tomatoes until combined.
- 2. Spread cheese mixture on half of bread slices (about 1/3 cup on each); top with remaining bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This