Different spin on deviled eggs - made these for an Easter appetizer - everyone really enjoyed them
Smoky Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated smoked or sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- Toppings: sliced green onions, diced country ham, sliced pickled okra, spiced pecans
- 1. Place eggs in a large stainless steel saucepan (not nonstick). Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel under cold running water. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Reserve 6 yolks for another use.
- 3. Mash remaining 6 yolks with mayonnaise using a fork. Stir in cheese and next 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into egg whites. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers