Different spin on deviled eggs - made these for an Easter appetizer - everyone really enjoyed them
Smoky Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
This recipe comes from chef Jason Hill at Wisteria Restaurant in Atlanta.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated smoked or sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- Toppings: sliced green onions, diced country ham, sliced pickled okra, spiced pecans
- 1. Place eggs in a large stainless steel saucepan (not nonstick). Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel under cold running water. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Reserve 6 yolks for another use.
- 3. Mash remaining 6 yolks with mayonnaise using a fork. Stir in cheese and next 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into egg whites. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note