- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated smoked or sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- Toppings: sliced green onions, diced country ham, sliced pickled okra, spiced pecans
How to Make It
Place eggs in a large stainless steel saucepan (not nonstick). Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel under cold running water. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Reserve 6 yolks for another use.
Mash remaining 6 yolks with mayonnaise using a fork. Stir in cheese and next 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into egg whites. Serve with desired toppings.