Smoky Parsnip Crisps from Martha Stewart Living
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) parsnips peeled
- 8 cup(s) vegetable oil for deep frying
- coarse salt for sprinkling
- mild smoked paprika for sprinkling
- 1. Shave long, thin strips from parsnips with a peeler, preferably swivel, turning to use all sides. Reserve ends and cores for another use, such as stock or soup. Toss parsnips strips by hand to separate.
- 2. Heat 3 inches oil in a heavy, medium-size pot until it registers 365 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Add parsnip strips to the oil in small handfuls (do not crowd), turning gently with a wire skimmer, until pale gold and crisp, about 45 seconds. Transfer chips to paper towels to drain, and sprinkle with salt. Return oil to 365 degrees between batches. Before serving, sprinkle with paprika.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoky Parsnip Crisps from Martha Stewart Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers