We really enjoyed these delicate cookies. We substituted pecans for the walnuts otherwise recipe was good.
Smoky Mountain Snowcaps
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Melt white chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate is smooth.
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended. Add vanilla, beating well. Add melted chocolate, and beat 30 seconds.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in walnuts. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Freeze, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoky Mountain Snowcaps Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This