Smoky Sweet Potato Mashed Potato Bake
Turn basic buttermilk mashed potatoes into outstanding Smoky Sweet Potato Mashed Potato Bake with the simple addition of sweet potatoes and chipotle peppers. The peppers lend a smoky kick to these mashed potatoes.
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 4 pounds baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm buttermilk
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1. Peel baking potatoes; cut into 2-inch pieces. Bring potatoes, 2 tsp. salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; boil 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to Dutch oven, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are dry.
- 2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in warm buttermilk, warm milk, melted butter, pepper, and 1 tsp. salt, stirring just until blended.
- 3. Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped chipotle peppers, and spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-qt. baking dish or 8 (10-oz.) ramekins. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note