- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 pounds new potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese, divided
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 cup light margarine
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Sauté garlic in hot oil in a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Cook potato in a Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
Mash potato in a large bowl. Stir in garlic, 1/4 cup Gouda cheese, half-and-half, and next 4 ingredients until blended. Spoon mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Gouda cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.