Look for fire-roasted tomatoes (we used Muir Glen) in the organic section or with the canned tomatoes in your supermarket. This recipe accompanies Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells, or toss it with penne or other tubular shapes.
This recipe goes with Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Smoky Marinara
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, basil, parsley, and oregano; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note