Smoky, Lemony Sautéed Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Brussel sprouts ends removed, sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked sweet paprika
- 1 zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Peel off and discard any blemished outer leaves. Cut each Brussels sprout in half from top to bottom. Lay it flat and slice into fine shreds. (Can also shred Brussels sprouts using a mandoline or food processor fitted with a slicing blade.) Using your hands, fluff up the sprouts and separate the shreds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the Brussels sprouts and lemon zest and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Best served immediately, but may also be served at room temperature.
- Recipe Notes
- Make-ahead tip: Brussels sprouts may be shredded up to a day ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CynthMic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note