We loved this! So flavorful, would never believe its a light recipe. Served it with the Hamburger Steak with Onion Gravy as featured in the April 2013 issue. Would serve to company!
Smoky Haricots Verts and Mushrooms
Haricots verts are slender green beans; look for them trimmed and ready to cook in microwave-safe bags. If you can't find them, use regular green beans and cook a few minutes longer.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 184mg
- 1 applewood-smoked bacon slice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 (4-ounce) packages gourmet mushroom blend
- 12 ounces trimmed haricots verts (French green beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place a small roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven to 425° (keep pan in the oven as it preheats).
- 2. While oven preheats, cook bacon slice in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and crumble. Reserve the drippings.
- 3. Drizzle bacon drippings and canola oil into preheated roasting pan; swirl to coat. Add mushroom blend to pan; stir. Bake mushrooms at 425° for 8 minutes. Add haricots verts, and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until beans are lightly browned and crisp-tender. Toss with reserved bacon, parsley, and minced garlic.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note