Easy prep, good with thin garden green beans and just regular sliced white mushrooms.
Smoky Haricots Verts and Mushrooms
Haricots verts are slender green beans; look for them trimmed and ready to cook in microwave-safe bags. If you can't find them, use regular green beans and cook a few minutes longer.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 184mg
- 1 applewood-smoked bacon slice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 (4-ounce) packages gourmet mushroom blend
- 12 ounces trimmed haricots verts (French green beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place a small roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven to 425° (keep pan in the oven as it preheats).
- 2. While oven preheats, cook bacon slice in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and crumble. Reserve the drippings.
- 3. Drizzle bacon drippings and canola oil into preheated roasting pan; swirl to coat. Add mushroom blend to pan; stir. Bake mushrooms at 425° for 8 minutes. Add haricots verts, and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until beans are lightly browned and crisp-tender. Toss with reserved bacon, parsley, and minced garlic.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note