Smoky Glazed Asparagus
Chef Nate Appleman of A16 and SPQR restaurants in San Francisco swears by coating vegetables with a mayonnaise-based marinade; it creates a beautifully blistered crust when grilled. Here he offers a marinade for asparagus that is also fabulous on broccoli and fennel.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pound thick asparagus, trimmed
- Light a grill. In a shallow dish, whisk the mayonnaise with the oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt and cumin. Add the asparagus and toss; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Grill the asparagus over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and blistered in spots, 6 minutes; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note