Smoky Fish Chowder
- 1 28-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 leeks (white and green parts), cut into half moons
- 2 pound(s) skinless firm white fish (halibut or cod), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounce(s) Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large pot, brown the chorizo over medium-high heat, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Add the potatoes, tomatoes (with their juices), 3 cups water, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Add the fish and simmer gently until opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note