- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen corn
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- calories 359
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- fat 23 g
- satfat 9 g
- cholesterol 41 mg
- sodium 597 mg
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 6 g
- sugars 20 g
- protein 10 g
How to Make It
Cook the bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Spoon off and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings and return the pot to medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, and red pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the corn, broth, and half-and-half and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Transfer half the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the pot, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and stir to combine.
Divide the soup among individual bowls and top with the scallions and reserved bacon.