Smoky Chorizo Stuffing
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 2 (24 cups) loaves of brioche, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 chorizo, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato , chopped
- 1 hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1/4 chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 chopped thyme
- 2 chicken stock or broth
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large roasting pan, toast the brioche for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and dry. Transfer the cubes to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the chorizo, onion and garlic and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Tilt the pan and spoon off the fat. Add the tomato and paprika to the skillet and cook over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Add the wine and boil until nearly evaporated. Add the mixture to the brioche cubes, along with the parsley and thyme.
- In a bowl, whisk the stock with the eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the brioche and toss well.
- Transfer the stuffing to a large, oiled baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer, until golden and crisp on top. Let the stuffing rest for 10 minutes and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This