Smoky Chopped Salad with Avocado
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
How to Make It
Whisk together first 9 ingredients in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth; add salt and pepper to taste.
Coat cold grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Lightly coat cut sides of avocados and lettuce with cooking spray; season with salt and pepper. Grill avocado halves and lettuce, cut sides down and covered with grill lid, 1 minute or until grill marks appear.
Slice avocados. Chop lettuce, and arrange on a platter. Top with avocado, radishes, and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.