- 2 poblano chile peppers, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans zesty chili-style diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded or chopped smoked chicken (about 1 lb.)
- 1 (16-oz.) can navy beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer*
- 1 (1.25-oz.) envelope white chicken chili seasoning mix
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, lime wedges, baby corn, sliced black olives, chopped red onion, tortilla chips
How to Make It
Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Serve with desired toppings.
*1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Del Monte Diced Tomatoes Zesty Chili Style and McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix.