My family loved it! My husband wasn't too happy I used his last beer, but he soon got over it. I'll double the recipe next time for leftovers.
Smoky Chicken Chili
More From Southern Living
- 2 poblano chile peppers, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans zesty chili-style diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded or chopped smoked chicken (about 1 lb.)
- 1 (16-oz.) can navy beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer*
- 1 (1.25-oz.) envelope white chicken chili seasoning mix
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, lime wedges, baby corn, sliced black olives, chopped red onion, tortilla chips
- 1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Serve with desired toppings.
- *1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Del Monte Diced Tomatoes Zesty Chili Style and McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews