Recipe photo appears to have cheese ball roles in something after shaping into a ball. What is it?
Smoky Bacon-Cheddar Cheese Ball
Update the cheese platter with a new cheese ball, spiced honey for drizzling, and marinated feta.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 6 hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups (8 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Cook bacon slices in a skillet over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon. Sauté pecans in hot drippings 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes. Stir together Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, kosher salt, ground red pepper, softened cream cheese, bacon, and pecans. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note