Smoky Baby Portobello Sliders
from Vegetarian Times
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 whole(s) baby portobello mushrooms
- * 8 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- * 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- * 2 Tbs. Classic BBQ Rub (see recipe)
- * 2 medium yellow or white onions, thinly sliced
- * 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- * 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- * 2 oz. shredded smoked Gouda (3/4 cup)
- * 8 mini challah rolls or dinner rolls
- Classic BBQ Rub:
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- 3 Tbs. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. kosher or coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in small airtight container. Shake well to blend. Store in refrigerator.
- 1. Toss mushrooms in bowl with 1 Tbs. olive oil and Classic BBQ Rub. Set aside.
- 2. Heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and herbes de Provence, and cook 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 3. Heat grill or grill topper over medium-high heat. Rub grate or grill topper with vegetable oil. Place mushrooms stem-side down on grill. Brush mushroom tops with barbecue sauce, and grill 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft and charred around the edges. Flip, and grill 3 minutes more. Divide cheese among mushrooms, placing in center of each stem side. Grill 1 minute more, or until cheese is melted.
- 4. Meanwhile, warm buns on grill. Spread barbecue sauce on bottom buns, then top each with 1 mushroom, sautéed onions, and top bun.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by afittje and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoky Baby Portobello Sliders Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes