Smokin' Potato Salad
Chill Time: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Canola oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes (5-6 potatoes)
- 2 teaspoon(s) Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 1 cup(s) Diced celery (from 2-3 stalks)
- 1/2 Small red onion Finely diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh cilantro Minced
- 1/2 cup(s) Sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Mayonnnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) Yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) Chopped capers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat grill to medium. Oil the grates well.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise about 3/4 inch thick. Place the potatoes in a bowl and add 2 Tbl canola oil, the paprika and 2 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on the grill, cover and cook 5 minutes, then rotate them 90 degrees and cook 5-10 minutes more. Flip the potatoes and repeat on the other side. They should be slightly puffed and golden brown. Remove and allow to cool completely. Dice into 3/4-to-1-inch pieces.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the diced potatoes, celery, red onion, and cilantro. In a medium glass bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, the capers and lemon juice. Adjust the salt as needed.
- Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the potato mixture until coated. Cover and refrigerate 20-30 minutes. Stir and adjust the seasoning as needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smokin' Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables