- 1 pound uncooked cellentani pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) package chopped cooked, smoked ham
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cellentani pasta according to package directions. Transfer hot pasta to a large bowl.
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and evaporated milk; cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in Gouda, cream cheese, salt, and 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in chopped ham.
Combine pasta and Gouda cheese mixture, and pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Stir together 2 cups crushed cereal, 2 Tbsp. melted butter, and remaining 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Cellentani Pasta.