Smoked Veggie Barley Rumba
using leftover grilled veggies this barley dish was amazingly delish!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Pearl Barley (not instant)
- 4 cup(s) Water
- 3 cube(s) Knorrs Tomato Bouillion
- 1 cup(s) Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Carrots sliced
- 2 cup(s) Grilled Veggies
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt & Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne Pepper
- 2 whole(s) Bay Leaves
- 1 jar(s) HT Traders Portobello mushrooms w/ Roasted Red peppers marinated
- Measure barley, water, bouillion, chopped celery & sliced carrots, bay leaves, salt & pepper & cayenne in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, cover & simmer for 20-25 min. till all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Grilled veggies were shish kebabs...(yellow squash, zucchini squash, bell peppers, onions) Give them a quick swirl in the food processor (pulse) to coarsely chop them. Do not MUSH!!! Add to the barley, then add the whole 12 oz jar of marinated mushrooms. Mix thoroughly until the veggies are heated. Serve immediately.Excellent side side!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Carolyn8 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note