- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/4- inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 4 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/3 cups chopped smoked turkey breast (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can whole green chiles, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 214
- fat 3 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 1489 mg
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fiber 3.7 g
- calcium 94 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Spread tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden, stirring after 10 minutes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over mediumhigh heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Add turkey, corn, and chiles to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Ladle soup into individual bowls, and top with tortilla strips and cilantro.