Smoked Turkey Tetrazzini with Artichokes and Red Bell Peppers
Assemble this delicious casserole the night before, if desired, and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) package amber-and-spinach-colored fettuccine*
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped smoked turkey
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Gradually stir in flour and next 3 ingredients until smooth; add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in turkey, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, mushrooms, and wine.
- Layer a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish with half each of pasta, turkey mixture, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining pasta and turkey mixture.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, almonds, and parsley. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and almonds are lightly toasted.
- *1 (12-ounce) package regular fettuccine may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ronzoni Fettuccine Florentine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note