- 1 (12-ounce) package amber-and-spinach-colored fettuccine*
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped smoked turkey
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Gradually stir in flour and next 3 ingredients until smooth; add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in turkey, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, mushrooms, and wine.
Layer a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish with half each of pasta, turkey mixture, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining pasta and turkey mixture.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, almonds, and parsley. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and almonds are lightly toasted.
*1 (12-ounce) package regular fettuccine may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ronzoni Fettuccine Florentine.