Smoked Turkey Sandwich with Rosemary Marmalade
This is no ordinary Smoked Turkey Sandwich. We jazz up plain mayo with orange marmalade and fresh rosemary, and fry up thinly sliced shallots for added crunch to this Smoked Turkey Sandwich with Rosemary Marmalade.
More From Coastal Living
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 medium heirloom or 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 small Romaine leaves or 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 1 pound sliced smoked turkey
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 2. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch in a medium saucepan; heat to 325°. Fry shallots 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy and golden. Drain on paper towels; season with salt to taste.
- 3. Spread marmalade mixture evenly over 1 side of 4 bread slices. Top marmalade mixture with tomato slices. Top remaining 4 bread slices with lettuce and turkey; sprinkle with fried shallots. Combine sandwich halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note