- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 medium heirloom or 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 small Romaine leaves or 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 1 pound sliced smoked turkey
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste. Set aside.
Pour oil to depth of 1 inch in a medium saucepan; heat to 325°. Fry shallots 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy and golden. Drain on paper towels; season with salt to taste.
Spread marmalade mixture evenly over 1 side of 4 bread slices. Top marmalade mixture with tomato slices. Top remaining 4 bread slices with lettuce and turkey; sprinkle with fried shallots. Combine sandwich halves.