Smoked Turkey, Mozzarella, and Blackberry Sandwiches
If the balsamic blackberries are too tart for tots, you can serve them unmarinated on the side.
Yield: 6 sandwiches
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pounds smoked turkey slices
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella cheese slices
- 12 white or wheat sandwich bread slices, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 1 dried sage leaf, crushed
- Toss together blackberries and next 3 ingredients; let mixture stand 30 minutes.
- Layer turkey and cheese slices evenly on 6 bread slices. Spoon blackberry mixture evenly over cheese, and sprinkle with sage. Top with remaining bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note