- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pounds smoked turkey slices
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella cheese slices
- 12 white or wheat sandwich bread slices, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 1 dried sage leaf, crushed
How to Make It
Toss together blackberries and next 3 ingredients; let mixture stand 30 minutes.
Layer turkey and cheese slices evenly on 6 bread slices. Spoon blackberry mixture evenly over cheese, and sprinkle with sage. Top with remaining bread slices.