- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces sliced smoked turkey
- 6 ounces shredded low-fat Monterey Jack
- 8 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- calories 491
- fat 13 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 28 mg
- sodium 1532 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 250ºF. In a bowl, mix mango, bell pepper, scallions, lime juice and red pepper flakes.
Arrange turkey on top of 4 tortillas. Top with mango mixture and shredded cheese, then top with remaining 4 tortillas.
Warm a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 1 at a time, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a large plate and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining quesadillas (you can stack them all on one plate). When all the quesadillas have been cooked, cut each into wedges and serve hot.