Lovely with a nice Pinot Grigio. Comes together quickly. I used sourdough bread and a Bosc pear instead of baguette and apple, and I put it on my Panini maker for a few min. Came out great. Perfect dinner after a busy day.
Smoked Turkey, Brie, Green Apple, and Watercress Sandwich
This baguette sandwich is a meal in itself. Serve it with a glass of crisp Chardonnay.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 portion)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 40.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 926mg
- Calcium: 114mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey breast
- 1/4 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread honey mixture on bottom half of loaf; top with turkey and cheese. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Arrange watercress and apple slices onto melted cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Cover with top half of loaf, and cut into 4 portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches