Smoked Turkey Breast
- Hickory wood chunks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 (5-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- Soak wood chunks in water 1 hour.
- Combine salt and next 3 ingredients; rub mixture over turkey breast.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain wood chunks, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to depth of fill line. Place turkey in center of lower food rack.
- Cook, covered, 5 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°, adding additional water to depth of fill line, if necessary. Remove from smoker; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes