My guests raved. Made exactly as recipe indicated.
Smoked Trout with Apple-Horseradish Cream on Potato Pancakes
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 149
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Calcium: 12mg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 4 3/4 cups shredded peeled baking potato (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 ounces smoked rainbow trout, bones removed, broken into 48 pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl, stirring until blended. Divide mixture into 48 level tablespoon-sized pancakes, squeezing each to remove excess moisture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 16 pancakes; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Arrange on two baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure twice with remaining oil and pancakes. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine mayonnaise, apple, yogurt, and horseradish in a small bowl; place 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on each pancake. Top each with a trout piece; sprinkle with chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This