- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 4 3/4 cups shredded peeled baking potato (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 ounces smoked rainbow trout, bones removed, broken into 48 pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- calories 149
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 4.6 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 5.4 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 260 mg
- calcium 12 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl, stirring until blended. Divide mixture into 48 level tablespoon-sized pancakes, squeezing each to remove excess moisture.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 16 pancakes; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Arrange on two baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure twice with remaining oil and pancakes. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Combine mayonnaise, apple, yogurt, and horseradish in a small bowl; place 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on each pancake. Top each with a trout piece; sprinkle with chives.