Smoked Trout Salad
Photo: Joshua Paul; Styling: Alicia Warner
I love this combo: Pile the salad on dark bread, such as pumpernickel, then add sliced onion or sweet, crisp apple. Prep: 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
- 1 pound smoked trout, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 shallot, diced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place smoked trout in mixing bowl, and break into small pieces. Add chives and next 3 ingredients, and combine well. Season with salt and pepper. Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note