- 4 hard-cooked large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup equal parts chicken broth and water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored kosher gelatin
- 10 ounce skinless, boneless smoked trout
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream substitute (such as Tofutti Sour Supreme)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Fresh chives (optional)
- calories 69
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- fat 3.4 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 0.5 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 8.8 g
- carbohydrate 0.8 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 19 mg
- iron 0.2 mg
- sodium 102 mg
- calcium 5 mg
How to Make It
Peel eggs. Slice each egg in half lengthwise; remove yolk. Reserve yolks for another use. Finely chop egg white. Set aside.
Coat a (7 1/2 x 3-inch) loaf pan with cooking spray; line pan with plastic wrap. Set aside.
Place broth in a 2-cup glass measure; sprinkle gelatin over broth. Let stand 5 minutes. Microwave broth mixture at high 30 seconds; stir until gelatin dissolves. Chill 15 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
Place trout in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until finely chopped. Add broth mixture, lemon juice, and pepper; process until well combined. Place trout mixture in a large bowl; fold in sour cream substitute, 1/4 cup chives, and dill. Spoon trout mixture into prepared pan; cover and chill overnight. Sprinkle with egg white. Garnish with chives, if desired.