- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus 1-inch lengths, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 English muffins, —split, toasted and buttered
- 1/2 pound skinless smoked trout fillet, coarsely chopped
How to Make It
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, shallot, chopped chives, capers and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the English muffins with the caper cream cheese. Top with the smoked trout, garnish with the chive pieces and serve.