This is awesome! A bit pricey for a dip but well worth it!
Smoked Trout-and-Horseradish Spread
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 8 ounces smoked trout
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 5 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Granny Smith apple slices, celery sticks, flatbread crackers
- Garnish: lemon slices
- 1. Remove and discard skin and bones from trout, if necessary. Flake trout into small pieces.
- 2. Pulse cream cheese and next 8 ingredients in a food processor 7 to 8 times or until combined, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Stir in flaked trout pieces. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serve with apple slices, celery sticks, and flatbread crackers. Garnish, if desired.
- Smoked Salmon-and-Horseradish Spread: Substitute 2 (4-oz.) packages smoked salmon, finely chopped, for trout. Omit Step 1. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Party Tip: Keep sliced apples or pears from browning by tossing them with lemon-lime soda. It works just like lemon juice but without the sour taste. The citric acid in the soda will keep the fruit looking fresh.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This