Smoked Sea Scallops
- Mesquite wood chips
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 36 sea scallops
- 2/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Soak wood chips in water to cover at least 30 minutes.
- Combine 6 cups water, salt, and sugar in a bowl, stirring to dissolve. Rinse scallops, and stir into brine. Cover and chill 1 hour; drain.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer on a wire rack; chill 1 hour.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes. Drain chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to fill line.
- Wrap strips of prosciutto around scallops, securing with wooden picks. Place scallops on upper rack. Place rack in smoker. Sprinkle green onions over scallops (most will drop into water); cover with smoker lid. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note