Our family really enjoys this meal. I usually use whichever kind of smoked sausage is on sale and sometimes I add a little crushed red pepper because we like spice. However, made exactly as written this recipe is still very good. It is a good, solid recipe.
Smoked Sausage-and-Vegetable Pile-Up
Popular fast-food "all-in-one" bowls are loaded with fat and sodium. Our quick alternative is much healthier.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 11 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 306
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 46.2g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 434mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- Cooking spray
- 7 ounces smoked turkey sausage, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped onion
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper
- 1 cup refrigerated presliced zucchini
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage; sauté 2 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 2. Return pan to heat; coat with cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper, and zucchini. Coat vegetables with cooking spray; sauté 5 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
- 3. While vegetables cook, heat potatoes according to package directions.
- 4. Add corn and cooked sausage to onion mixture. Sauté 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve sausage mixture over mashed potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note