Delicious! I made this on St. Patricks' Day and served with the Ploughman's Platter. So good! I followed the recipe exactly and it was a hit. I will definitely make this again.
Smoked Salmon with Tangy Horseradish Sauce
Photo: Jonny Valiant; Styling: Pam Morris
Although smoked Irish salmon is traditional, any smoked salmon will work in this dish—just make sure to purchase smoked wild salmon because it's a sustainable choice.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Protein: 21.1g
- Carbohydrate: 62.5g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 938mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 1/3 cup organic canola mayonnaise (such as Spectrum)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices Brown Soda Bread
- 12 thin slices smoked salmon (about 8 ounces)
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Place 2 slices Brown Soda Bread on each of 6 plates; top each slice with 1 salmon slice and about 1 teaspoon sauce. Garnish with dill, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers