Smoked Salmon Toasts with Crème Fraîche Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups crème frîche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf thinly sliced white or wheat sandwich bread
- 2 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche, mustard, dill, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Heat broiler on high. Arrange the bread on 2 baking sheets. Broil until lightly toasted, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from oven. Rub 1 side of each toast with the cut side of a shallot. Cut each piece of toast on the diagonal twice to form 4 triangles. Top each triangle with a slice of salmon and a dollop of the crème fraîche mixture. Serve the lemon wedges on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This