I have made this recipe several times. It is great as an appetizer. We have cooked it on the grill according to "Cookinglight" instructions ("When the bottom of the crust is done it releases from the grill.") Flip and then top! Yum!
Smoked Salmon Thin-Crust Pizza
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 36.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 424mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces bread flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 4 (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 ounces cold-smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup warm water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add oil and salt to yeast mixture. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sprinkle flour over yeast mixture; mix 2 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover surface of dough with plastic wrap lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- 2. Position an oven rack in the lowest setting. Place a pizza stone on lowest rack. Preheat oven to 550°. Preheat pizza stone 30 minutes before baking the dough.
- 3. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, 1 hour or until dough comes to room temperature. Punch dough down. Roll dough out to a very thin 14-inch circle on a lightly floured baking sheet, without raised edges, sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges to form a 1/2-inch border. Pierce dough several times with a fork.
- 4. Slide dough onto preheated pizza stone, using a spatula as a guide. Bake at 550° for 4 minutes. Remove from oven; spread cheese evenly over dough. Arrange capers and onion over cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top evenly with salmon; sprinkle with dill. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
This updated version of Smoked Salmon Thin-Crust Pizza is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, May 2010. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2012.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note