- Sushi rice salad
- 6 sheets roasted (or toasted) nori (about 7 by 9 in.)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 1/2 lb.), peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons shaved bonito (optional)
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced smoked salmon, cut into strips
- About 1/4 cup sliced pickled ginger
- About 1 ounce radish (or daikon) sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tobiko caviar
- Chili mayonnaise
- calories 540
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 82 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 2025 mg
- cholesterol 60 mg
How to Make It
Rinse a 1- to 2-cup bowl with cold water and lightly pack 1/4 of the sushi rice salad into it. Invert onto a plate. Repeat to shape remaining portions.
Cut nori sheets into quarters. Moisten sliced avocado with rice vinegar.
Sprinkle sushi rice salads equally with shaved bonito. Alongside each, arrange 1/4 of the nori, avocado, salmon, pickled ginger, and radish sprouts. Sprinkle servings with tobiko caviar.
To eat as sushi, put some of each ingredient on a piece of nori and add chili mayonnaise to taste; fold nori over filling. Or eat as a salad with a knife and fork, adding chili mayonnaise to taste.
Nutritional analysis per serving without mayonnaise.